Much has happened at Cornhill in the past few weeks and we have lots to give thanks to God for.
OUR NEW ACCOMMODATION:
On 1st March the doors of the newly refurbished building opened. Alongside the improvements to the Tron Church buildings, the Cornhill part of the building now includes the following (see photographs attached below):
- At street-level we have a new entrance, at 31 Bath Street.
- The first floor is the main teaching area incorporating the William Still Teaching Room and the James Philip Library - named in grateful memory of these two much-loved Bible-teachers, and in recognition of the substantial contribution made from the William Still Trust, and the legacy of books from James Philip’s personal library.
- Downstairs in the lower ground floor we have the students’ common room with a small kitchen and a study room.
- The Dick Lucas Suite is situated on the second floor, named in honour of the founder of Cornhill in London, and in gratitude for his continuing support and encouragement for Cornhill Scotland. The bright and airy staff offices are located here – a vast improvement on the dark and window-less offices staff were squeezed into previously in the basement!
We are grateful to everyone who has given generously towards the cost of this work and to Tom MaGill, Brian Duncan and George McIlvain who led the building project team and to Kenny Stephen our architect whose creative attention to detail has resulted in this wonderful facility.
HIS WORD IN MY HANDS: 9th May a training day for occasional preachers, or those wanting to brush-up their Bible teaching skills, perhaps in preparation for summer camps and missions. We will host this and provide speakers from our own team. This will also act as our ‘taster-day’ for potential Cornhill students.
SERVANTS OF THE WORD: 16th - 18th June - our conference for ministers, particularly those in earlier years of ministry and those in training for ministry. Speakers will include Peter Adam from Australia, Dick Lucas, Andy Gemmill and Bob Fyall.
- For a good final few weeks of term
- For success in recruiting new students for 2015-16
- That the increased profile that the building affords us will enable us more effectively to train and inspire future Bible teachers.